How do I join New Salem United Methodist Church?

By Profession of Faith and Baptism

If you are not now a baptized Christian, the minister will be happy to discuss the meaning of the sacrament with you in your home or at the church at your convenience. For more information, please contact Pastor Reece Fauscett at (706) 398-1799.

By Transfer from another United Methodist Church

Simply let the minister know about your interest in joining the church.  New Salem UMC will contact your former church to transfer your membership.

By Transfer from another Christian Denomination

We recognize you are already a member of Christ’s Universal Church. Since you have already professed faith in Jesus Christ and have been baptized, these steps will not be repeated. You will be asked to take the one vow taken by all members of the United Methodist Church: “Will you be loyal to the United Methodist Church and uphold it by your prayers, your presence, your gifts and your service?” New Salem UMC will contact your former church to transfer your membership.

If you are a member of another Christian church that does not transfer membership, you can make a profession of faith and be received as a member.

How to “Join” without “Joining”

If you are a United Methodist whose membership is in another city or state and you wish to retain that membership in your “home” church, you can become an Affiliate Member of New Salem UMC. This means that your membership is kept on the roll of your “home” church and not at New Salem UMC. However, as an affiliate member you may participate fully (including the holding of church offices) in the ministry and mission of New Salem UMC. The minister will write your “home” church minister informing him/her of your Affiliate Member status.

Members of other Christian denominations may elect to become Associate Members under the same conditions.